SMPTE 2016 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition
Call for Technical Paper Proposals
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers® (SMPTE®), a leader in motion-imaging standards and education for the communications, media, entertainment, and technology industries, is seeking proposals for technical papers for the SMPTE 2016 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition (SMPTE 2016) – Tuesday, 25 Oct. - Thursday 27 Oct. 2016 in Hollywood, California. This is the year of the SMPTE centennial celebration so be part of the is the world's premier forum for the exploration of media and entertainment technology covering current and future developments in media technology, content creation, image and sound, and the allied arts and sciences. Conference delegates are the industry’s world renowned technology thought leaders and decision makers that are leading the evolving motion-imaging industry.
Proposed papers must be informational and must address technical theory, research, innovation, application, or practice specific to any of the evolving technologies associated with the media technology industry.
Papers that are commercial or promotional in nature will not be considered.
Topics to consider:
- UHD: Bigger, Better, Faster Pixels
- Color and Dynamic Range Management
- Future of Media Distributions (OTT, ATSC 3.0, Mobile, etc)
- Media Infrastructure (SDI, IP)
- Workflow Management(file based, cloud)
- Image Acquisition and Processing
- Content Management and Storage, Restoration and Preservation
- Cinema Processing and Projection Technology
- Human Perception of Images or Sound
- Quality and Monitoring of Images and Sound
- Content Security
- New Techniques in Audio (scene based production, compression, transport)
- Advances in Display Technologies
- Future Media Technology (Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality, Second Screen)
- New and Novel Technology and Techniques
- Encouraging Diversity in STEM
Student Papers are strongly encouraged.
To Submit an Abstract:
Interested parties are invited to submit a topic heading, paper title, and a one-page abstract (50-100 words). Please also provide type of media (presentation, video clip, or technical demonstration), a brief abstract of the proposed paper’s content, keywords, name(s) of author(s) and the presenter’s name, title, company, mailing address, telephone, and e-mail address, no later than 22 April 2016.
Important: Ensure the submitted abstract is clear, concise and fully describes the subject matter covered in the proposed presentation and required manuscript.
Previously published, product-specific, sales or promotional papers will not be considered.
Instructions for abstract submission:
If not already registered with EDAS:
- Go to http://www.edas.info
- Select “New User”
- Fill in required information
- Check “I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies” box
- Click on “Add This Person” Button
To Submit a Paper (if already registered with EDAS):
- Go to http://edas.info/N22070
- Log-in to EDAS (If required)
- Enter the paper’s title
- Add the author’s name
- Enter the synopsis in the “Abstract” field
- Press “Submit”
Important Note: Paper selection will be a two step process. The first phase will be an initial selection of papers by the Program Committee based on the submitted abstract and author. Authors will be notified no later than 29 April 2016 if their paper is under consideration.
Selected authors will need to submit a short précis on their topic with an outline of the final paper. The précis and outline are due by 17 June 2016.
Final selection and notification to authors will be no later than 15 July 2016.
To ensure SMPTE has time to process papers for the conference, selected speakers must provide an electronic version of the final technical paper to SMPTE no later than 16 September 2016.
Please note: A technical manuscript is required from all abstracts accepted for the SMPTE 2016 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition.
Be part of this extraordinary, once a year opportunity!
Loews Hollywood Hotel
1755 North Highland Avenue,
Hollywood, CA 90028
24 – 28 October 2016