Call for Papers
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), the worldwide leader in developing and providing motion-imaging standards and education for the communications, technology, media, and entertainment industries, is seeking proposals for technical papers for the SMPTE 2013 Technical Conference & Exhibition - 22 - 24 October in Hollywood, California. This is the premier annual technology event covering motion imaging and media technology, production, operations, over-the-top, and the allied arts & sciences. Conference delegates are the industry's elite technology decision makers and thought leaders.
Proposed papers must be informational and must address technical theory, research, innovation, application, or practice specific to any of the evolving technologies associated with the Motion Imaging Industry.
Papers that are commercial or promotional in nature will not be considered.
Technical topics to consider:
· 4K and Beyond
· Accessibility Issues
· Asset Management, Storage & Archive
· Beyond HD- 1080P60
· 3G Infrastructure
· Broadband Content Delivery
· Broadcast Facility IP Data Exchange (e.g.,. BXF)
· Cinematography & Post: New Tools & Trends
· Cloud, SOA, and Workflow
· Color Management, Interchange, Correction Techniques
· Compression: Technology Advances
· Content Management, Storage, Archiving, and Retrieval
· Content Security, Rights Management, Watermarking
· Digital Audio for Cinema, Broadcast and Gaming
· Digital Audio Implementation Issues, including Loudness Variations and Lip-Sync Errors
· Digital Cinema Exhibition: Servers, Content Storage, Networks and Scheduling
· Digital Cinema Production and Post-Production: Processes and Workflow
· Digital Intermediates: Process, Advancements and Case Studies
· Display Technologies: Advancements
· Evolving Technology for Broadcast Facilities
· File-Based Workflows
· High-Performance Networks
· Image Acquisition: Innovations and Advancements
· Advancements in Image Processing
· Interactive Media Technologies
· Internet: Content Distribution Challenges and Technologies
· Internet Protocol (IP) in Content Creation, Post-Production, and Distribution
· IPTV Concepts and Applications
· Metadata and File Management
· Mobile Video Services: Opportunities and Challenges
· Multi-Screen/Multi-View Environment
· MXF Implementation
· New Technologies and Architectures for Improved Workflow Efficiency
· Next-Generation Digital Infrastructure
· Restoration Techniques: Film
· Sound Techniques and Technologies
· Station Monitoring & Control
· Stereoscopic 3D Imaging, Processing, Distribution and Display
· Wide Bandwidth Infrastructure: 1080P50/60
Student Papers are strongly encouraged.
To Submit an Abstract:
Interested parties are invited to submit a topic heading, paper title, and a one-page abstract (50-100 words) to SMPTE through our online content submission tool, EDAS. Please also provide delivery method (presentation, video clip, demonstration), a brief description of the proposed paper’s content, name(s) of author(s) and the presenter, title, company, mailing address, telephone, and e-mail address, no later than 19 July 2013.
Previously published, product-specific, or promotional papers will not be considered.
Instructions to submit an abstract of your paper for consideration:
If you are not already registered with EDAS:
1. Go to http://www.edas.info
2. Select “New User”
3. Fill in required information
4. Check “I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies” box
5. Click on “Add This Person” Button
If you are already registered with EDAS:
1. go to http://edas.info/N14311
3. Click on “SMPTE 2013 Annual Technical Conference” in the Track (Submit) column
3. Enter the paper’s title
4. Add the author’s name
5. Enter the synopsis in the “Abstract” field
6. Press “Submit”
Authors will be notified regarding the status of their submitted abstracts no later than 2 August 2013.
To ensure SMPTE has time to process papers for the conference, selected speakers must provide an electronic version of the final technical paper to SMPTE no later than 12 September 2013.
Please note: A technical manuscript and copyright transfer are required from all SMPTE 2013 Annual Technical Conference speakers.
Download the SMPTE 2013 App
This year’s mobile app for SMPTE 2013 is awesome! Here’s why:
• Access the event schedule anytime and customize your agenda
• See all the speakers and read their bios,
• Check out the exhibitors and locate their booths with ease
• Get important updates and exciting offers through the app