CCNA Internetworking, Routing & Switching Programs 2020-05-04
- Advance your career as an IT professional by learning how to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks
- Get hands-on experience with the tools and technologies essential to internetworking, routing, and switching
- Learn from materials produced by Cisco and presented by expert instructors from SMPTE
- Gain access to assignments and applications specific to Cisco’s training curricula
- Ensure that you’re mastering the skills needed to take the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams
- Access to your instructors via the online discussion forum*
- Limited class size for more personalized attention
- Weekly live, online, interactive instructor-led coaching sessions*
- Recorded instructor coaching sessions for on-demand playback and review
- SMPTE Certificate of Achievement**
- Continued access to course materials through SMPTE’s Virtual Classroom Alumni Center
Internetworking, Routing & Switching Programs
An increasing number of roles across the media and entertainment industry demand expertise in IT, and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing & Switching training can help you take advantage of numerous professional opportunities in IT. As part of the global network of Cisco Networking Academies, SMPTE is offering world-class networking courses on both the deep theory and practical application of internetworking concepts and principles. During this series of three CCNA courses, SMPTE’s expert instructors will help you cover all critical topics across internetworking, routing, and switching as you prepare for CCNA certification exams.
- Chapter 1: Exploring the Network
- Chapter 2: Configuring a Network Operating System
- Chapter 3: Network Protocols and Communications
- Chapter 4: Network Access
- Chapter 5: Ethernet
- Chapter 6: Network Layer
- Chapter 7: IP Addressing
- Chapter 8: Subnetting IP Networks (Part1)
- Chapter 8: Subnetting IP Networks (Part 2)
- Chapter 9 - Transport Layer
- Chapter 10: Application Layer
- Chapter 11: Build a Small Network
Ensure that you’re mastering the skills needed to take the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams
These rigorous instructor-led hands-on courses use Cisco-prepared materials and resources to help you prepare for CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams.
CCNA1: Introduction to Networks will focus on networking architecture, structure, and functions. The course introduces the principles and structure of IP addressing and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations to provide a foundation for the curriculum.
CCNA2: Routing and Switching Essentials will cover the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network. You will learn how to configure a router and a switch for basic functionality. By the end of this course, you will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with the single-area and multi-area OSPF, virtual LANs, and inter-VLAN routing in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
CCNA3: Scaling Networks will describe the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a larger and more complex network. You will learn how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality. By the end of this course, you will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with OSPF, EIGRP, STP, and VTP in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. You will also develop the knowledge and skills needed to implement DHCP and DNS operations in a network.
CCNA1: Introduction to Networks — William Hocker
As a Cisco Academy Instructor and faculty member at St. Louis Community College, William Hocker has extensive experience in delivering Cisco education. His field experiences include providing infrastructure support for the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) in New York; serving as a VoIP technician on the State Farm Insurance VoIP project through World Wide Technology; and acting as a senior conversion engineer for Bank of America's (BoA) VoIP project in Missouri and Charlotte, N.C., corporate headquarters. Hocker holds several degrees in computer networking, including a master’s degree from Fort Hays State University, and has completed certifications including the CompTIA A+, Network+, Cisco CCAI, CCNA R&S, and CCNP VOICE.
Any of SMPTE's Virtual Classroom courses are available as private sessions for organizations. Contact us for details about private course options and with any curriculum questions.
If you register, but cannot attend and would like your registration fee applied to a future course, please contact us. A $75 transfer fee will apply.
If you cannot meet your course deadline, you can request an extension. A $100 extension fee will apply. Please contact us to ask for an extension.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least three weeks prior to the course start date, less a 10% ($100 for CCNA courses) cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after that time.
SMPTE Education Team contact: firstname.lastname@example.org