Essentials of IP Media Transport for Broadcasters - Self Study
- Learn how to describe the facility workflow domains for networked file-based and streaming media transport
- Understand the differences and similarities between SDI- and IP-based workflow models
- Gain knowledge of the components and protocols used in an IP-based video production workflow
- Learn how to choose and configure video and audio codecs across a range of business applications
- Know how to identify the appropriate image and audio synchronization methods during mixing and switching
- Understand internet delivery systems for distribution to the end-point consumer: CDNs and delivery protocols (MPEG DASH, Adobe HDS, Apple HLS, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming)
- Become conversant in the basics of cloud technology and how they affect the broadcast industry
- Learn which common workflow factors make an impact on network performance
- Gain the skills to perform basic troubleshooting and determine probable resolutions to common network-related workflow issues
Moving Real-Time Video and Audio Over Packet Networks
Every day, IP technology plays a more significant role in broadcasting. If you have experience working with conventional SDI broadcast technology and infrastructure, this SMPTE Virtual Classroom course will help you establish a strong working knowledge of the key principles of IP video and audio transport within and between modern production and broadcasting facilities. With a solid grasp of the major elements of IP video technology, including content preparation, system architecture alternatives, and network performance management, you’ll have the additional knowledge you need to help your company move forward into the IP realm. With greater insight into the practical elements of IP-based media transport and a stronger skillset in working with IP-based media, you’ll also be positioned to explore new roles and responsibilities within your organization, or beyond.
Module 1 - IP's Role in Video Production Today and in the Future
Module 2 - Moving Real-Time Video and Audio Over Packet Networks
Module 3 - Compression for IP Networks
Module 4 - Container and File Formats
Module 5 - Studio Infrastructure and Cabling
Module 6 - Transport Impairments and Metrics
Groups of 3 – 11 participants may register together for a 10% discount.
Groups of 12 or more participants may register together for a 15% discount.
Any of SMPTE's Virtual Classroom courses are available as private sessions for organizations. Contact us for details about private course options and with any curriculum questions.
If you register, but cannot attend and would like your registration fee applied to a future course, please contact us. A $75 transfer fee will apply.
If you cannot meet your course deadline, you can request an extension. A $100 extension fee will apply. Please contact us to ask for an extension.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least three weeks prior to the course start date, less a 10% ($100 for CCNA courses) cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after that time.
SMPTE Education Team contact: firstname.lastname@example.org