There are two types of members in a Technology Committee (TC) with different abilities when it comes to voting, Observing Members (O-Members) and Participating Members (P-Members):
- Only P-Members of a TC are allowed to cast either a “Affirmative”, “Negative” or “Abstain” vote on a ballot
- A P-Member must submit at least one comment when voting “Negative”
- A P-Member can optionally submit one or more comments when voting “Affirmative” or “Abstain”
- O-Members of a TC cannot vote on a ballot or vote but they can submit one or more comments
Please note, everybody (P-Member or O-Member) can access a ballot or vote, and everybody can submit a vote but only P-Members are supposed to vote. There are currently no mechanisms in place to stop O-Members from submitting a vote. Please use the option “Not voting or already voted” if you are an O-Member and you want to submit a comment. It is the TC chairs responsibility to filter out O-Member who voted “Affirmative”, “Negative” or “Abstain” instead. An “Affirmative”, “Negative” or “Abstain” vote submitted by an O-Member does not count.
Please refer to the roster spreadsheet in each SKN TC team to determine if you are P-Member and allowed to vote or not. The roster spreadsheet can usually be found in “General” channel of the appropriate TC team. Go to “Files” and look for a “Roster” folder. The spreadsheet should be in there.
A link to the spreadsheet will be provided on the ballot or vote form.
Voting section of an FCD ballot
- P-Members can vote “Affirmative”, “Negative” or “Abstain”. They can submit a comment through the comment fields on the same ballot form (see above)
- P-Members can change their vote by voting again. The latest vote will be counted. Any comment submitted with a previous vote will be disregarded unless they are resubmitted with the changed vote.
- P-Members who already voted can submit additional comments by selecting “Not voting or already voted” and add an additional in the comment fields of the form. This process can be repeated as often as needed.
- O-Members can submit a comment by selecting “Not voting or already voted” and add an additional in the comment fields of the form. This process can be repeated as often as needed.
Please note, you can always access the ballot or vote results spreadsheet if you are not sure what you already submitted and how you voted. Instructions on how to do that are detailed further below. You can also use the spreadsheet to copy text of comment in case you want to resubmit it with a changed vote.
Please see the section on how to access the ballot or vote results if you want to find out how was voted or if you already voted.
Example of a new FCD or RDD balloting form with vote section