Virtual Press Kit
The Oscar® and Emmy® Award-winning Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers® (SMPTE®), a professional membership association, is the worldwide leader in developing and providing motion-imaging standards and education for the communications, technology, media, and entertainment industries. An internationally recognized and accredited organization, SMPTE advances moving-imagery education and engineering across the broadband, broadcast, cinema, and IT disciplines. Since its founding in 1916, SMPTE has published the SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal and developed more than 650 standards, recommended practices, and engineering guidelines. More than 6,000 members — motion-imaging executives, engineers, creative and technology professionals, researchers, scientists, educators, and students — who meet in Sections throughout the world, sustain the Society.
Recent Press Releases
SMPTE®at the 2014 NAB Show
Entertainment Technology in the Internet Age (ETIA 2014)
SMPTE Logo & Images
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers has copyrights and service mark registrations on its logo and use of "SMPTE®", the recognized abbreviation of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers®, and regulates its use under the following guidelines:
- Only the approved version of the SMPTE logo, available for download below, may be used.
- The logo may not be distorted or altered in any way.
- Logo must be used in its entirety, neither the whole or recognizable parts may be incorporated into another logo.
- The logo can be printed in its original colors, all-black, or all-white version (available for download to members below). No other color combinations are acceptable (Pantone 285).
- The SMPTE logo must bear the ® in all instances in which it is used.
- The SMPTE logo may not be used in conjunction with claims that products conform to SMPTE Standards.
- The SMPTE logo is for editorial use only and not to be used in any print advertising any outside organization or nonmember of the Society without written permission from SMPTE. SMPTE reserves the right to authorize the use of the logo in cases of a business arrangement.
In addition to the SMPTE logo, official SMPTE photos are available for editorial use use only.