Virtual Press Kit
The Oscar® and Emmy® Award-winning Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers® (SMPTE®), a professional membership association, is the preeminent leader in the advancement of the art, science, and craft of the image, sound, and metadata ecosystem, worldwide. An internationally recognized and accredited organization, SMPTE advances moving-imagery education and engineering across the communications, technology, media, and entertainment industries. Since its founding in 1916, SMPTE has published the SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal and developed more than 800 standards, recommended practices, and engineering guidelines.
More than 6,000 members — motion-imaging executives, engineers, creative and technology professionals, researchers, scientists, educators, and students — who meet in Sections throughout the world sustain the Society. Through the Society's partnership with the Hollywood Post Alliance® (HPA®), this membership is complemented by the professional community of businesses and individuals who provide the expertise, support, tools, and infrastructure for the creation and finishing of motion pictures, television programs, commercials, digital media, and other dynamic media content. Information on joining SMPTE is available at www.smpte.org/join.
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
SMPTE Photos (editorial use only)
* Requests for Interviews with SMPTE leadership should be submitted to email@example.com.
Recent Press Releases and Timely Information:
SMPTE Logo & Images
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers has copyrights and service mark registrations on its logo and use of "SMPTE®", the recognized abbreviation of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers®, and regulates its use under the following guidelines:
- Only the approved version of the SMPTE logo, available for download below, may be used.
- The logo may not be distorted or altered in any way.
- Logo must be used in its entirety, neither the whole or recognizable parts may be incorporated into another logo.
- The logo can be printed in its original colors, all-black, or all-white version (available for download to members below). No other color combinations are acceptable (Pantone 285).
- The SMPTE logo must bear the ® in all instances in which it is used.
- The SMPTE logo may not be used in conjunction with claims that products conform to SMPTE Standards.
- The SMPTE logo is for editorial use only and not to be used in any print advertising any outside organization or nonmember of the Society without written permission from SMPTE. SMPTE reserves the right to authorize the use of the logo in cases of a business arrangement.
In addition to the SMPTE logo, official SMPTE photos are available for editorial use use only.