Call for Papers - 2011 SMPTE Annual Technical Conference
Technical Topics to consider:
- File Based Workflows
- Broadband Content Delivery
- Broadcast Facility IP Data Exchange (e.g. BXF)
- Digital audio implementation issues, including loudness variations and lip-sync errors
- Opportunities and challenges for mobile video services
- Next generation digital infrastructure in an end-of-analog world
- New technologies and architectures for improved workflow efficiency
- Beyond HD - 1080p60 3G infrastructure
- Digital Intermediates: Process, advancements and case studies
- Stereoscopic 3D Imaging, processing, distribution and display
- Digital Cinema Exhibition: servers, content storage, networks and scheduling
- Digital Cinema Production and Post Production: processes and workflow
- Image Acquisition for filmmaking, broadcast news, studio production and sports
- Wide bandwidth infrastructure: 1080p50/60, 4K and beyond
- Animation: new techniques and process
- Advancements in film technologies: film stocks, restoration techniques
- Electronic Display technologies: Plasma, LCD, LCoS, OLED's, laser
- Color management, interchange, correction techniques
- Metadata and file management
- IP Content networks, transport, architectures, standards and applications
- Content security, rights management, watermarking
- Digital audio for cinema, broadcast and gaming
- Consumer technologies: HD deployment, transmission, home networking
- Historical topics on early filmmaking, animation and television technologies
- Content management, storage, archiving, and retrieval
Interested parties are invited to submit a one-page abstract (no more than 150 words) Including topic heading, paper title, delivery method (presentation, video clip, demonstration), a brief description of the proposed paper's content, name of author/presenter, company, mailing address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail address no later than the extended deadline of 22 June, 2011.
Previously published, product-specific, or promotional papers will not be considered.
If not already registered with EDAS
1. Go to http://www.edas.info
2. Select "New User"
3. Fill in required information
4. Check "I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies" box
5. Click on "Add This Person" Button
Submit a Paper (if registered with EDAS):
2. go to http://edas.info//N10605
3. Enter the paper's title
4. Add the author's name
5. Enter the synopsis in the "Abstract" field
6. Press "Submit"
Authors will be notified regarding the status of their submitted abstracts no later than 30 June, 2011
To ensure SMPTE has time to process papers for the conference, selected speakers are required to provide an electronic version of the final technical paper to SMPTE no later than 21 August, 2011.
Please note: A technical paper manuscript is required from all 2011 SMPTE Tech Conference speakers.