NET returns – Mark your calendars for a valuable event on May 24th
Take a peek at what’s in store for 2017’s first dynamic NET lunch on May 24, where attendees engage with leading experts for a multi-track, informative deep topic dive:
3 tracks of topic tables:
- Content Complexities and Workflows
- Immersive Content and Experiences
- Machine Learning, Cognitive Services and AI
Tables are hosted by experts from outstanding companies who lead and drive lively discussions. Attendees shuffle tables while the hosts stay put.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and it’s role in productions today and tomorrow - A deep discussion with some healthy debate on how AI, Machine learning are and will play a growing role in the supply chain for entertainment content. This will be one table you won’t want to skip if you want to get a quick look into the AI space.
Yves Bergquist, ETC at USC and Novamente
Dr. Ben Goertzel, Novamente
- Today’s Mastering and Distribution: The Joys and Challenges of IMF, UHD, HDR and the likes, as we near the half way point of 2017 – A discussion which will no doubt be lively with a good mix of opinions and point of views from the guests of this table.
Greg Geier, Sony Pictures
Ryan Kido, Disney
- Hybrid Content & Creative Workflows – How Adobe is addressing their growing and diverse range of customer content and creative workflow needs with their ever-growing range of cloud based services and products.
Van Bedient, Adobe
- Building Workflows and Solutions Without the Legacy – Discussing the challenges and pleasures Amazon Studios have had and continue to have as they build out their world class environment.
Callum Hughes, Amazon Studios
Luc Comeau, Levels Beyond
- Away From Home Movie Productions and Remote Networking to the Home Base
Joachim Zell, EFILM
Joshua Gollish, DIT
- Reality of Reality and Scripted TV Workflows and Innovative Approaches – 3 Ball Entertainment will be hosting this discussion to give a look into their workflows and challenges and how they are innovating around their needs and workflows.
Zach Beggs & Neil Coleman, 3 Ball Entertainment
- 360˚ Content and the Immersive Experience – Covering some of the many changes seen over the last year in the 360˚ video space. The discussion will walk you through the timelines, challenges and workflows of today’s projects while prepping you for the explosive growth and ground breaking changes expected in this very young and promising medium.
Greg Bond, Blend Media
John Grod, Jaunt VR
- QC Time – VR, AR and 360 Content – A discussion focusing on the QC needs for this growing type of content.
Moderator TBA, Testronic and BluFocus
- Integrating Cloud Solutions Into Production and Post - Bruce and Bhavik will lead an engaging discussion about why the unique needs and nuances of the media and entertainment industry are driving innovation in the public Cloud, and how to manage the complexities of integrating Cloud services into production, post, distribution and broadcasting.
Bruce K. Long, BeBop Technology
Bhavik Vyas, Amazon Web Services
- Plus more topics to be announced including additional VR/AR and mixed reality tables led by Nick Mitchell, Technicolor Experience Center and Lucas Wilson, SuperSphereVR and additional topics covering immersive and AI.
Stay tuned for additional announcements.
11:30 – 12:00 pm check-in and networking
12:00 – 12:45 pm grab your lunch, welcome remarks and 1st roundtable
12:45 – 1:05 pm networking
1:05 – 1:25 pm 2nd round table
1:30 – 1:50 pm 3rd round table
1:50 pm dessert and networking
HPA/SMPTE Members $75
Parking is $10 payable onsite.
What’s NET? The Next Level of Networking
NET provides connection and education to any member of the creative technology and business community. From marketing and business development team members to engineers, creatives, executives and young professionals, NET provides the platform to meet peers, learn what’s happening in the industry, and explore the latest technologies.