Regional Seminars: Local Technical Education
SMPTE's Regional Seminar program is designed to bring highly practical, one-day technical seminars to select local Sections. These popular sessions allow attendees to learn about a particular technology through a concentrated session taught by leaders in the field.
2012 Regional Seminar
How to Generate and Automate Content for Multi-platform, Multi-Display Distribution
Today’s consumers of motion imaging content have many options when it comes to service providers and display devices. They may subscribe to on-demand services via satellite or cable operators. PCs and the Internet are now very common sources for content, smartphones and tablets have matured and become almost ubiquitous. This creates many new challenges when it comes to producing and managing content. With this in mind, the 2012 SMPTE Regional Seminar is designed to provide crucial knowledge to help participants plan, produce and manage content so it can be effectively utilized with minimal regard to the distribution platform used or the display device viewed.
Come to this one-day seminar at any of a half-dozen locations and get answers to these questions:
- What are the technological differences between the types and formats of various multi-platform distribution systems and display devices?
- What technologies and processes can I use to generate/automate content for correct display on the current variety of devices including iPad/iPhone, Android tablet/phone, set-top-boxes, satellite receivers, computers, and connected televisions?
- What methodologies can I use to effectively plan workflows and technologies to support multi-platform distribution systems and today’s display devices?
- What is the potential impact of new and emerging standards, including the Interoperable Master Format (IMF), on content produced for multi-platform/multi-display environments?
- Overview of Business Aspect of Multi-distribution/Multi-display
- File Preparation
- Transforms and How Metadata ties in
- How to Automate from Mezzanine to Deliverable
- Emerging Standards and the Future
* Agenda Subject to Change