Call For Papers Announced for SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition 2007
(WHITE PLAINS, NY) The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) announced today its Call for Papers for the SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition 2007. This event, set for Oct. 24-27 in Brooklyn, NY, will bring together technology thought-leaders from the post-production, filmmaking and broadcast industries.
SMPTE is seeking proposals for papers delivered during technical sessions and tutorials that will be conducted during the conference, providing attendees with vital information on the latest advances in motion imaging technologies. Proposals addressing the specific topics described below will be given priority. Details on the submission process can be found at www.smpte.org.
Technical paper proposals must be submitted to SMPTE by June 18, 2007.
- Digital Intermediates: Process, advancements and case studies
- Stereoscopic (3D) Imaging, storage, transmission and display
- Digital Cinema Exhibition: Servers, content storage, networks and scheduling
- Image Acquisition for filmmaking, broadcast news, studio production and sports
- Animation: New techniques and process
- Advancements in film technologies: Film stocks, restoration techniques
- Electronic Display technologies: Plasma, LCD, LCoS, FED/SED, laser
- Color management, interchange, correction techniques
- Metadata and file management
- Digital Asset Management
- IP Content networks, transport, architectures, standards and applications
- Content security, rights management
- Digital audio for cinema, broadcast and gaming
- Consumer technologies: HD deployment, transmission, home networking
- Historical topics on early filmmaking, animation and television technologies
- Proposals for tutorial sessions (60 to 90 minutes) will also be accepted. Tutorial topics may address any of the topics listed above.
Paper Submission Information
Interested participants should submit their one-page proposals (no more than 200 words) in abstract form and include topic heading, paper title, a brief description of proposed paper, name of author/presenter, company, mailing address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail address. Previously published papers and product-specific presentations will not be accepted.
Proposals must be submitted via EDAS. Visit http://www.smpte.org/events/call_for_papers/ for full submission instructions. Proposals must be received no later than June 18, 2007
Questions can be addressed to Heather Tomko, email@example.com.
Selected presenters will be required to provide electronic versions of their technical papers and presentations to SMPTE by September 14, 2007, for publication in the SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition 2007 Proceedings.
About the Society of Motion Picture Engineers
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), is the leading technical society for the motion imaging industry. SMPTE members are spread throughout 61 countries worldwide. More than 200 Sustaining (Corporate) Members belong to SMPTE, allowing networking and contacts to occur on a larger scale. Touching on every discipline, our members include engineers, technical directors, editors, technicians, manufacturers, educators, and consultants. Visit SMPTE online at www.smpte.org.