2008 SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition-Call for Papers
(WHITE PLAINS, NY) The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) is seeking proposals for technical papers and tutorials for presentation during the 2008 SMPTE Technical Conference & Exhibition. Proposed papers are to be informational in nature and must address technical theory, application, or practice associated with technologies relevant to the Motion Imaging Industry.
Technical paper proposals must be submitted to SMPTE no later than June 6, 2008.
- Digital Intermediates: Process, advancements and case studies
- Stereoscopic 3D Imaging, processing, distribution and display
- Digital Cinema Exhibition: servers, content storage, networks and scheduling
- Image Acquisition for filmmaking, broadcast news, studio production and sports
- Wide bandwidth infrastructure: 1080p60, 4K and beyond
- Animation: new techniques and process
- Advancements in film technologies: film stocks, restoration techniques
- Electronic Display technologies: Plasma, LCD, LCoS, OLED's, laser
- Color management, interchange, correction techniques
- Metadata and file management
- IP Content networks, transport, architectures, standards and applications
- Content security, rights management, watermarking
- Digital audio for cinema, broadcast and gaming
- Consumer technologies: HD deployment, transmission, home networking
- Historical topics on early filmmaking, animation and television technologies
Submit an Abstract
Interested parties are invited to submit a one-page abstract (no more than 300 words) Including topic heading, paper title, delivery method, a brief description of the proposed paper's content, name of author/presenter, company, mailing address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail address.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is June 6, 2008.
Previously published, product-specific, or promotional papers will not be accepted.
If not already registered with EDAS
1. Go to http://www.edas.info
2. Select "New User"
3. Fill in required information
4. Check "I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies" box
5. Click on "Add This Person" Button
Submit a Paper (if registered with EDAS):
2. go to http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=6331&
3. Enter paper's title
4. Enter synopsis in Abstract field
5. Press Submit
Authors will be notified regarding the status of their submitted abstracts no later than July 11, 2008.
Selected presenters are required to provide electronic versions of final technical papers to SMPTE by August 29, 2008, for distribution at the conference.
Questions can be addressed to Joel Welch, Director of Professional Development at email@example.com.
Media Relations Contacts
For information regarding SMPTE's media relations activities, or if you are an industry journalist or analyst in need of more information, please contact Aimée Ricca +1 (914) 205-2381.