SMPTE 2010 Technical Conference & Expo Call for Papers - Abstracts Acceptance Extended Until 23 July, 2010
SMPTE Call for Papers
2010 SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition
Hollywood, CA October 26-28, 2010
29 June, 2010 (WHITE PLAINS, NY)- Due to requests from prospective speakers, the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) has extended the deadline for which it will accept technical paper proposals until 23 July, 2010.
Student Papers are strongly encouraged.
Though the Society has received many abstracts for consideration already, SMPTE has received requests for additional time to submit proposals. As such, SMPTE will accept abstracts through 23 July, 2010.
The following represents only a partial list of topics that will be considered by the Program Committee:
- File Based Workflows
- Broadband Content Delivery
- Broadcast Facility IP Data Exchange (e.g. BXF)
- Digital audio implementation issues, including loudness variations and lip-sync errors
- Opportunities and challenges for mobile video services
- Next generation digital infrastructure in an end-of-analog world
- New technologies and architectures for improved workflow efficiency
- Beyond HD - 1080p60 3G infrastructure
- Digital Intermediates: Process, advancements and case studies
- Stereoscopic 3D Imaging, processing, distribution and display
- Digital Cinema Exhibition: servers, content storage, networks and scheduling
- Digital Cinema Production and Post Production: processes and workflow
- Image Acquisition for filmmaking, broadcast news, studio production and sports
- Wide bandwidth infrastructure: 1080p50/60, 4K and beyond
- Animation: new techniques and process
- Advancements in film technologies: film stocks, restoration techniques
- Electronic Display technologies: Plasma, LCD, LCoS, OLED's, laser
- Color management, interchange, correction techniques
- Metadata and file management
- IP Content networks, transport, architectures, standards and applications
- Content security, rights management, watermarking
- Digital audio for cinema, broadcast and gaming
- Consumer technologies: HD deployment, transmission, home networking
- Historical topics on early filmmaking, animation and television technologies
- Content management, storage, archiving, and retrieval
To Submit an Abstract
Interested parties are invited to submit a one-page abstract (no more than 150 words) Including topic heading, paper title, delivery method (presentation, video clip, demonstration), a brief description of the proposed paper's content, name of author/presenter, company, mailing address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail address no later than 23 July, 2010.
Previously published, product-specific, or promotional papers will not be considered.
If not already registered with EDAS
1. Go to http://www.edas.info
2. Select "New User"
3. Fill in required information
4. Check "I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies" box
5. Click on "Add This Person" Button
Submit a Paper (if registered with EDAS):
2. go to http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=8755
3. Enter the paper's title
4. Add the author's name
5. Enter the synopsis in the "Abstract" field
6. Press "Submit"
Authors will be notified regarding the status of their submitted abstracts no later than July 31, 2010
To ensure sufficient time for SMPTE to process papers for at the conference, selected speakers are required to provide an electronic version of the final technical paper to SMPTE no later than September 30, 2010.
Please note: A technical paper manuscript is required from all 2010 SMPTE Tech Conference presenters.
Media Relations Contacts
For information regarding SMPTE's media relations activities, or if you are an industry journalist or analyst in need of more information, please contact Aimée Ricca +1 (914) 205-2381.