SMPTE and IABM Present the 2009 Global Summit on Emerging Technologies
Looking forward into the year 2009, the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) and International Association of Broadcasting Manufacturers (IABM ) are pleased to announce the inaugural Global Summit on Emerging Technologies to be held May 21-22, 2009 in Prague, Czech Republic.
This summit will bring together global thought-leaders to explore the technologies that will define the content business of the future. Over two days delegates will review the future of television and cinema and look at the whole foundation for the media and entertainment worlds in the next decade.
The Summit features:
- Presentations from world-renowned engineering and technology planning leaders
- Showcases of emerging technologies from leading companies and research labs
- Breakout sessions focusing on the latest developments in specific areas of technology
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with leaders in the technology industry
The summit will provide insights into the technologies which are: over the horizon, ideas gaining momentum, ideas in development and technologies at the initial stages of implementation. Topics tentatively scheduled include:
- Wireless Media Networks: More choices, more coverage, more pixels
- Ultra high resolution home theatre from HD to 4K to 8K
- SMPTE Imaging Time Standards for the Digital Age
- New Compression and Digital Signal Processing Technologies
- Trends in Metadata and Content Management.
- 3D Entertainment - Transitioning from the Cinema to the Home
- Impact of Spectrum Usage Regulations and Policies
- New delivery technologies delivering performance and bandwidth.
- Film Far from Dead!
- Digital Cinema moves to next generation
- Wide Bandwidth infrastructure how to manage 10Gpbs in-plant routing
- High frame rate imaging: moving from 24 to 60, 120 and even 240 fps
- Next generation display technologies.
If you are interested in providing a demo, white paper or sponsorship for this Summit, please contact Kimberly Maki at email@example.com or 914-761-1100 ext. 4960
More details can be found at www.smpte.org as they become available.
About the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
Founded in 1916 to advance theory and development in the motion imaging field, the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) is the leading technical society for the motion imaging industry. SMPTE has earned a strong reputation for its work in developing industry standards, recommended practices and engineering guidelines. SMPTE also publishes the award-winning SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal. SMPTE worldwide members include engineers and other technical professionals, directors and educators working in the technical and creative provisioning of motion pictures, television and new media. SMPTE also hosts more than 200 sustaining (corporate) members. Visit SMPTE online at www.smpte.org.
About the International Association of Broadcasting Manufacturers
The International Association of Broadcasting Manufacturers is the global voice that represents manufacturers and suppliers of broadcast and media technology products and services worldwide. The association's aim is to identify and promote the interests of its members, and to provide benefits and services which enhance their business performance.
Media Relations Contacts
For information regarding SMPTE's media relations activities, or if you are an industry journalist or analyst in need of more information, please contact Aimée Ricca +1 (914) 205-2381.