SMPTE and VSF 2008 Joint Conference Call for Papers
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) and the Video Services Forum (VSF) are seeking presentation proposals for the SMPTE and VSF 2008 Joint Conference, scheduled for Feb. 10-13, 2008, in Houston.
The SMPTE/VSF Joint Conference will highlight the accelerating interdependency of technologies used in motion imaging and video transport services. Proposals should support the conference goals of providing attendees with the latest information on the technology advances in Motion Imaging and Video Transport Services, with a core theme of Distributing Digital Content in a Networked World. The conference is a unique gathering of end users, service providers, equipment manufacturers, and others involved with the highly dynamic world of television and video.
Proposals containing promotion of specific manufacturer's equipment or vendor solutions will not be considered.
You are invited to submit a proposal for a presentation for the conference on topics in any of the following areas:
- Advancements in image processing and image display technologies
- Bridging the gap between serial digital and packet-network broadcast infrastructure
- Carrier presentations regarding their contribution network offerings and plans
- Content Storage strategies for the IP-centric broadcast facilities: SAN, NAS and P2P
- Digital Master control centers, multicasting and central casting
- End User Presentations on Applications
- HD-SDI Transport Issues
- IP-based wireless video networks and applications including real-time mobile IPTV
- IPTV used for contribution feeds and collaborative content production
- Media Archive and Asset Management Systems
- Metadata, content descriptors and wrapper technologies: advancements and case studies
- Standards Updates
- Video Compression Technologies, including MPEG 4 enc/dec interoperability
- Video over Internet QOS challenges
Special consideration will be given to proposals containing:
- Case Studies
- Results of Interoperability Tests
- File formats for video, audio and metadata
Paper Submission Information
Speakers should submit a 200-word synopsis of their presentation for consideration by the Conference program committee. To be considered, synopses must be submitted no later than Friday, Nov. 9, 2007.
To submit a paper(s) for the "SMPTE and VSF 2008 Joint Conference" follow these instructions:
Create a New Account in the Electronic Paper Management System (EDAS)
1. Go to http://www.edas.info
2. Select "New User"
3. Fill in required information
4. Check "I consent to the EDAS Privacy Policies" box
5. Click on "Add This Person" Button
Submit a Paper:
2. go to http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=5803&
3. Enter paper's title
4. Enter 200 word synopsis in Abstract field
5. Press "Submit"
It is also required that you provide the following information:
4. Zip/Postal Code
6. Office Telephone
7. Cell Phone
9. Are you a member of SMPTE, VSF, or both?
Authors will be notified regarding the acceptance/rejection of their proposal no later than Nov. 30, 2007. Speakers will receive one complimentary registration for the day that they speak.
A final copy of your presentation must be submitted no later than Jan. 11, 2008, to ensure inclusion in the conference media. Speakers who have been selected will also be asked to supply a short speaker biography, and to specify A/V equipment requirements for their presentations.