Click to contact Derek Draizin to submit a job listing.
ABC: Studio Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in New York, NY
Job Title: Permalance Studio Maintenance Engineer – Studio Broadcast Center
The Broadcast Operations and Engineering division of the ABC Television network provides engineering technical support to our clients. Studio Maintenance Engineering supports and maintains the studio technical facility. This position is a NABET permalance position in a 24/7 facility.
The Studio Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the studio control room facility and studio floor are operating at peak efficiency at all times, and that all redundant systems are operational
- Must have the ability to monitor and repair, switchers, routers, monitors, waveform monitors, cameras, disk-based broadcast equipment, computer operated broadcast equipment and other electronic equipment.
- Perform routine diagnostics and backup operating systems and software in broadcast equipment.
- Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Must have the ability to setup a broadcast studio facility
- Setup and repair studio cameras. Understand the Operation of all studio equipment and be ready to step in and assist studio operations staff as required.
- Notify, Engineering maintenance staff, of any maintenance problems that may affect the operation of the technical plant
- Install new equipment, run and terminate cables, and document the installation of equipment
- Must be able to answer questions by staff about the correct operation of all broadcast equipment located within the technical plant
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to think forward, working outside of the standardized broadcast model finding and creating cost effective solutions to challenges as they arise
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work independently
- The ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Familiarity with IP Networking
- Familiarity with Ross automation
- Working familiarity with equipment from the following vendors, Ikegami, Sony, Ross, Evertz, Harris, Tektronics, Abekas, Protools, RTS, Calrec, Studer, SMS; Barco, EVS
- Technical school or Bachelors degree in Electronics or Technology field or equivalent experience
- FCC license or SBE Certification desired
- 5+ years of studio broadcast television electronic repair experience
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic problems to component level
- Knowledge of computer information systems
- Ability to work flexible hours 24/7
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location-City: New York
Primary Location-State NY
If intrested please send your resume to:
Joseph A. Nuzzo
General Manager, Studio Network Technical Maintenance
ABC Television Network, ABC News