Click to contact Tim Dwight to submit a job listing.
Studio Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in New York, NY
Job Title: Permalance Studio Maintenance Engineer – Studio Broadcast Center
The Broadcast Operations and Engineering division of the ABC Television network provides engineering technical support to our clients. Studio maintenance engineering supports and maintains the studio technical facility. This position is a NABET permalance position in a 24/7 facility.
The Studio Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure that the studio control room facility and studio floor are operating at peak efficiency at all times, and that all redundant systems are operational
• Must have the ability to monitor and repair switchers, routers, monitors, waveform monitors, cameras, disk-based broadcast equipment, computer operated broadcast equipment and other electronic equipment.
• Perform routine diagnostics and backup operating systems and software in broadcast equipment.
• Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
• Must have the ability to setup a broadcast studio facility
• Setup and Repair studio cameras. Understand the Operation of all studio equipment and be ready to step in and assist studio operations staff as required.
• Notify, Engineering maintenance staff, of any maintenance problems that may affect the operation of the technical plant
• Install new equipment, run and terminate cables, and document the installation of equipment
• Must be able to answer questions by staff about the correct operation of all broadcast equipment located within the technical plant
• Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new technology
• Ability to think forward, working outside of the standardized broadcast model finding and creating cost effective solutions to challenges as they arise
• Must be a team player and have the ability to work independently
• The ability to work under pressure with deadlines
• Working familiarity with equipment from the following vendors: Ikegami, Sony, Ross, Evertz, Harris, Tektronics, Abekas, Protools, RTS, Calrec, Studer, SMS; Barco, EVS
• Technical school or Bachelors degree in Electronics or Technology field or equivalent experience
• FCC license or SBE Certification desired
• 5+ years of studio broadcast television electronic repair experience
• Ability to troubleshoot electronic problems to component level
• Knowledge of computer information systems
• Ability to work flexible hours 24/7
• Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location-City: New York
Primary Location-State NY
Click HERE to send resume.
Corp Tech - IT and Video Ops Support Specialist Job
As part of the TV Support Team, you will provide systems support of broadcast IT and video production/ delivery systems. You will be accountable for the operational management, service delivery and day-to-day support of dedicated television production capabilities located in New York. Will be part of an overall global team supporting and operating facilities in Editorial newsrooms throughout the world. It Involves close engagement with the Editorial production groups and managers on a day-to-day basis. This position requires a strong customer centric focus on service and support and is responsible for implementing both globally driven and locally requested project deliverables.
This role includes studio-based, broadcast television and broader areas of multimedia support.
This is a Monday – Friday normal business hours schedule, from 7:00am – 3:00pm EST.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Fork ingest, troubleshooting and maintenance. All Xsan/Storenext components maintenance, fine-tuning, defragging, monitoring.
- Support of all file-based delivery workflows and Asset management. Editing systems support and user training
- Expected to be familiar with some of the following Video and TV systems including: Quantum StorNext Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Server, Telestream Episode Engine, Archiware Prestore, B4M Fork, Digital Rapids, Promise vTrak Raids, Active Storage Raids, Qlogic Fibre Switches, Avid Interplay, Avid Newscutter, Avid ISIS, Avid Capture, Evertz EQX, Grass Valley, Kayak, Ross.
- 3+ years of IT TV broadcast experience
- Prior experience with IT networking experience.
- Creative and solution oriented focus
- Knowledge of Server-based production, video editing and delivery systems.
- In-depth knowledge of video/audio file standards and characteristics.
- HD-SDI video routing infrastructure.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Managing shared storage with edit clients.
- Excellent end user support skills.
- Undergraduate degree, relevant professional training, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with any of the following: Digital Rapids, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Server, Telestream Episode Engine, Archiware Prestore, OSX server, Windows Server, Linux, Aspera, Stornext.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
The Video Call Center, LLC, Palisades, NY
Job Description: Broadcast & IP systems technician
• Front line support of video production systems including broadcast production switchers, audio consoles, computer networks, PCs, communication systems and proprietary automation systems.
• Diagnosing root cause using device logs and test equipment.
• Provide support as required for live show productions.
• Equipment ordering, tracking, inventory.
• Installation, wiring and testing new systems.
• Some broadcast systems engineering design.
• Remote systems installations. Light travel required (2-3 days/month).
• 3 years experience in maintaining broadcast systems & computer networks. Strong experience in A/V systems may be considered.
• College degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Administration or equivalent work experience.
• Strong deductive skills.
• Strong interpersonal & teamwork skills
• Capable of working a flexible schedule.
• Must have personal transportation.
• Familiarity with troubleshooting windows & mac based systems.
• Experience using AutoCAD or equivalent
About the Video Call Center, LLC
The Video Call Center is a powerful new genre of live television, starting with a logical evolution of caller-based talk radio into the IP video age where viewers can see what callers look like, what they show, and what they do. Multiple callers connect individually via IP video services, are screened by producers and sent to the show host for final switching to air using assistive automation. Uniquely for TV, the host controls the live air. There is no control room.
The company has received significant investment and is seeking additional employees to help us grow.
Applicants may apply to Jobs@positiveflux.com
ABC: Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in New York, NY
Job Title: Permalance Media Support Technician - Graphics
The Broadcast Operations and Engineering division engineers and provides technical support for the ABC Television Network. The Network Graphics Support department maintains all graphics technical facilities for the ABC Television Network.
The technician will be responsible for the support of the Graphics technical facility in New York. This person will offer daily technical support of equipment and production groups working in the graphics facility. He/She will interface with various Support areas, Engineering and other ABC business partners. Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of a broadcast environment and effectively apply his/her knowledge – production workflows, signal routing, SD and HD digital video and audio systems, IT systems and basic networking and fiber infrastructure. The position is a NABET permalance position in a 24/7 facility with benefits available.
• Provide daily support of digital graphics and editing equipment primarily servicing ABCNews and ESPN clients.
• Maintain Graphics equipment documentation.
• Minimum 3 years technical support experience in broadcast facility.
• Ability to maintain a variety of broadcast equipment such as Chyron, Viz, Adobe CC, Autodesk and Avid products.
• Excellent knowledge of signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of digital audio and video standards and equipment.
• Experience working with graphics workstations, servers and network storage.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in both baseband and file based workflows.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
• Work well independently as well as in a team environment.
• Effectively communicate with users, support personnel, management and vendors.
• Minimum 5+ years technical support experience in broadcast facility.
• Extensive experience with signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
• Work well under pressure with tight timeframes and deadlines.
• Experience in professional news and broadcast environments.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux O/S.
• Ability to work flexible hours in a 24/7 facility.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer or Electronics Technology or equivalent experience
• Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR)
• SBE Broadcast Certification
Technical School or Bachelors degree in Electronics or Technology field or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location-City: New York
Primary Location-State NY
Applicants may apply to kam.L.email@example.com