Click to contact Tim Dwight to submit an ad (free for SMPTE members).
POSITION: Studio Operations Manager
We provide managed support services at a 20,000 square foot video production facility owned by a Fortune 500 company which is a major player in the online video space.
We are seeking a Studio Operations Manager to join our team at the facility. This role provides hands-on leadership of the support and engineering teams servicing our studio and post production environments, as well as an executive briefing center co-located in the facility.
• Broadly support all productions, taking responsibility for the technical operations of the facility
• Interface with the facility owner to understand business priorities, then guide the team to align with these priorities
• Directly manage the support team, including but not limited to: negotiation of schedules and hours, professional development, setting an example of professionalism, hearing and resolving grievances
• Share your depth of knowledge with the team and the clients of the production facility on whatever level is appropriate
• Approve spending of certain budget line items, and reconcile spending to a budget
• Take an active role in designing our technical and workflow systems, working with external vendors to execute and support new builds from time to time
• Minimum 7 years experience in cutting edge digital production facilities
• Strong managerial abilities
• Ability to interface with demanding clients and to lead a support team to perform with excellence
• Working knowledge of baseband video as well as IT based production equipment and systems for studio and post production
• Knowledge of digital cinema production workflows
• Excellent written communication skills, including distillation of information to an executive level
• Ability to thrive in a Service-oriented culture
Ian MacSpadden - Studio Operations Manager - YouTube Space NYC - 212.565.4626
Disney ABC Television Group has a Job Opportunity for a Part Time Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in our East Coast Graphics Support Division in New York City.
As a member of the Graphics Support department, the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the support and maintenance of all graphics facilities for ABC Television Network in New York.
The ideal applicant must have a minimum of 5 years technical maintenance experience within a television or cable facility with the following skills.
• Strong technical background in HD and SD digital video and audio systems
• Comfortable working in an IT intensive environment
• Strong PC and troubleshooting skills are required
• Ability to maintain of a variety of broadcast graphics equipment
• Knowledge of Chyron Camio/HyperX Automation system, Viz-RT, Autodesk Inferno/Smoke, Adobe and Avid (including ProTools) is a plus.
Candidate must be a self-starter. He or she must also exhibit an ability to work with engineering, entertainment, sports and news personnel in a demanding environment. This is a freelance position with an average of four to five workdays per week. It requires shift work and flexible hours including nights, weekends or holidays and overtime. We are seeking qualified individuals who are energetic and willing to work in a team environment.
Click HERE to send your resume.