Click to contact Tim Dwight to submit a job listing.
ABC: Broadcast Maintenance Engineer in New York, NY
CBS: Streaming Engineer in New York, NY
See details below:
Job Title: Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
The Broadcast Operations and Engineering division engineers and provides technical support for the ABC Television Network. The Network Graphics Support department maintains all graphics technical facilities for the ABC Television Network.
The Broadcast Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the support of the Graphics technical facility in New York. This person will offer daily technical support of equipment and production groups working in the graphics facility. The Maintenance Engineer will interface with other Support areas, Engineering and other ABC business partners. The Maintenance Engineer must possess a thorough understanding of a broadcast environment and effectively apply his/her knowledge – production workflows, signal routing, SD and HD digital video and audio systems, IT systems and basic networking and fiber infrastructure. This is a freelance position with an average of four to five workdays per week with benefit. It requires shift work and flexible hours.
• Provide daily support of electronic graphics and editing equipment primarily servicing ABCNews and ESPN clients.
• Maintain Graphics equipment documentation.
• Work with Engineering and business partners to development best work flow for ABC News Graphics department.
• Minimum 3 years technical support experience in broadcast support or cable facility.
• Ability to maintain a variety of broadcast equipment such as Chyron, Viz, Adobe CS suite, Render Farms, Autodesk and Avid including Protools.
• Excellent knowledge of signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of digital audio and video standards and equipment.
• Strong PC and networking skills.
• Ability to support Windows, Mac and Linux O/S.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
• Work well independently as well as in a team environment.
• Effectively communicate with users, support personnel, management and vendors.
• Minimum 5+ years technical support experience in broadcast support or cable facility.
• Extensive experience with signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
• Work well under pressure with very tight timeframes and deadlines.
• Willingness to be very flexible with work schedules, vacation and hours.
• Experience in professional news and broadcast environments.
• Experience in technical writing, such as technical manuals and briefs.
• Avid certification
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer or Electronics Technology
Technical School or Bachelors degree in Electronics Technology field OR equivalent relevant experience.
Manager, Graphics Support | ABC Television Network | 47 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023 | 212-456-2417
Streaming Engineer in New York, NY
CBS Business Unit: CBS Local Digital Media
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Local Digital Media is seeking a Project Manager, Streaming Technology. This position, based in New York City, will report to the Director, Streaming Operations. An experienced technologist, this Project Manager will help to define and to migrate CBS Radio’s digital media streaming strategy and content distribution by identifying and evaluating emerging technologies and assessing their potential impact in the form of optimizing the CBS radio streaming platform. This position will work across cross-functional groups to improve CBS Radio's streaming business and will also be involved with CBS Radio’s interactions with its stations, software developers and industry partners.
Responsibilities include: * Help radio station personnel with streaming hardware/software installation. * Assist in developing and maintaining current streams and provide the support needed. * Monitor andTroubleshoot non-functional audio/video streams. * Collaborate with other technology experts within CBS Radio Digital Media division to enable technology synergies, quality improvement and efficiencies as well as develop and conduct due diligence on new technologies, platforms and business partners.
Bachelor's degree in related field (computer science, engineering) or/and at least 5 to 7 years of related work experience
Knowledge of computer based media systems including digital audio workstations and audio/video compression
Experience with Digital Media and Broadcast Operations
Knowledge of IT environments and Technology development methodologies
Knowledge of network storage, distributed computing and streaming media
Strong communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of management.
Must be detail oriented, verbal and written communication skills are critical. This position will work very closely with the local stations as well as vendors and will give the right individual much space to grow.
/Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/