The infrastructure we use to deliver content is in transition from a traditional point-to-point Serial Digital Interface (SDI) based infrastructure to an Internet Protocol (IP) infrastructure, mandating new workflows and solutions. This clash in domains, from video engineers’ comfort with SDI to network engineers’ familiarity with IP, will require a bridge to foster collaboration between broadcast engineers and IT experts to troubleshoot issues in this new hybrid SDI/IP environment.
- We will look at what are the challenges facing us with Un-compressed Video over IP transport.
- Diagnose Faults in an IP Environment
- Understand IP System Synchronization
- What are the differences between ST2022-6, ST2022-7, ST2110-10, -20, -21, -30, -40
- how do I look at it, what do I look at.
- What’s this new PTP timing standard all about.
- Grand Masters, Masters, how does this work, BCMA.
- How do I measure it
- How do I compare PTP to BlackBurst and Trilevel.
We will have equipment showing all of this.
Presenter: Stephen Holmes, Tektronix
Steve has over 35 years of video experience. For the past 19 years, Steve has worked as a Sr. Video Applications Engineer for Tektronix consulting and teaching test methodologies for Broadcast, Studio, Cable and Manufacturing for customers based in the United States and Western Canada.
Refreshments will be provided.
Register at: https://smptesfmarch2019.eventbrite.com