Guidelines for Papers
Please keep the following in mind when preparing your paper:
- The presentation is intended to consist of a highly technical review of some technology or application of technology.
- The audience is very technical consisting of engineers, technologists, managers and technical executives from the Canadian Broadcasting Film and Media industries.
- They will neither appreciate sales information, nor very high level overviews without substance.
- The presentation may NOT be a sales or marketing presentation.
- It may not contain any images, descriptions, part numbers prices etc. of any products, nor any specific references to any features of any manufacturers product.
Excerpted from the SMPTE administrative practices is the following information:
SMPTE ADMINISTRATIVE PRACTICES, SECTION VIII - SMPTE SECTIONS
A. SECTION OPERATION
5. ... obtain papers ... of such caliber as to be worthy of publication in the Journal of the Society ...
10.(a) TOPIC: The speaker's presentation must be of a tutorial nature concerning the engineering and technical aspects of the motion picture, television, and allied arts and sciences, as set forth in Article II of the Society's Constitution. Under no circumstances can the speaker's topic concern products or systems of a single manufacturer.