Members Visit _ University of Essex
Colchester CO4 3SQ
Find out about and see the new Multimedia Networks MSc course, much Advanced Media research and the Knowledge Exchange Placement scheme in which students can spend three months of their masters in industry with a relevant employer supported with a £3,000 bursary from the University.
Registration has closed for the event BUT there is one (or two) places
- contact Peter@weitzel.com if you want to attend
SMPTE member Professor David Crawford will Introduce
Professor Maria Fasli Head of the School of Computer Science & Electrical Engineering
and show us some of the current Research work including some of the following:
• Brain-computer interfacing : By Dr Francisco Sepulveda Robot Lab
• Networks and Big Data: Prof Kun Yang
• 4k TV and millimetric waves: By Prof Stuart Walker
• 3D imagery in the Interaction Lab: By Dr Adrian Clark
• Robotics demo: By Ling Chen Robot Arena
• Computer games and AI: By Prof Simon Lucas
• Multimedia Communication: By Dr Nikolaos Thomos
• AV Multimedia Labs and Studio: By Mr John Moore
• Collaboration projects: By Dr John Woods
We will meet mid-morning with a break for lunch halfway through leaving the campus mid-afternoon.
SMPTE UK Thanks David Crawford and Karen Gooch (Employability Co-ordinator) for their help in arranging this visit.
There are only 12 places available thus this event is Members only.
Those attending will received detailed instructions and timetable for the Visit
SMPTE Ltd – a company limited by guarantee - number 8676388