The SMPTE DCP: Understanding the Digital Cinema Package - Instructor Led
- Understand both the technical and business advantages of adopting SMPTE DCPs
- Gain the knowledge you need to discuss the various file types and their functions in a SMPTE DCP
- Be able to outline the SMPTE DCP mastering process
- Learn how the SMPTE DCP manages Timed Text
- Become fluent in discussing how the DCP helps overcome the challenges of international versioning
- Know the requirements of global DCP distribution
- Access to your instructors via the online discussion forum*
- Limited class size for more personalized attention
- Weekly live, online, interactive instructor-led coaching sessions*
- Recorded instructor coaching sessions for on-demand playback and review
- SMPTE Certificate of Achievement**
- Continued access to course materials through SMPTE’s Virtual Classroom Alumni Center
To help the industry navigate our current situation all our virtual classes are now available at 50% off. Please register for a course using the SMPTE50 discount code.
The SMPTE DCP: Understanding the Digital Cinema Package: Coming soon!
The world we live in today is the digital world. Around every corner, forward-looking media organizations are shifting from traditional workflows to transformative digital workflows that enable greater efficiency, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness. This is true of Digital Cinema (D-Cinema), as well. If you’re a professional in media production, distribution, or mastering, you can leverage the SMPTE Digital Cinema Package (DCP) to enable innovation, automation, and cost savings. Take this new SMPTE Virtual Classroom course, and you’ll learn about the benefits and practical considerations of using DCPs in common mastering and distribution workflows — including your own. Differentiate and distinguish yourself with the knowledge needed to help your organization adopt and take full advantage of SMPTE DCPs within a modern digital media workflow.
Jack Watts is an independent media solutions consultant based in London, UK. Having worked for globally recognised brands such as Technicolor and Deluxe, Jack has gathered over 12 years’ experience in the Media and Entertainment industry and has aided in cultivating multiple workflows and implementations still relied upon today. Jack has a specialist discipline in advanced formats such as Digital Cinema and IMF along with a complete understanding of their underlying and peripheral industry standards. He operates under the name Trench Digital.
Any of SMPTE's Virtual Classroom courses are available as private sessions for organizations. Contact us for details about private course options and with any curriculum questions.
If you register, but cannot attend and would like your registration fee applied to a future course, please contact us. A $75 transfer fee will apply.
If you cannot meet your course deadline, you can request an extension. A $100 extension fee will apply. Please contact us to ask for an extension.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least three weeks prior to the course start date, less a 10% ($100 for CCNA courses) cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after that time.
SMPTE Education Team contact: email@example.com