Be a Part of SMPTE’s Growth – Refer a new Member
We invite you to help the Society grow by inviting your co-workers, clients, and vendors to join us.
More members provides you with more networking, more experts to participate and contribute in Standards and Education – across the Society and on the local levels too
Together we can build a brighter future for SMPTE!
You can help us grow by following four simple steps: Share. Connect. Participate. Grow.
Share your enthusiasm for SMPTE.
As a member, you are the Society’s greatest resource for recruiting new members. Your participation in the SMPTE Member Referral Program is essential to strengthening the Society.
Connect with your peers, co-workers and clients.
Reach out to your network of professional colleagues and encourage them to become members. Let them know what benefits you get from membership.
Participate and receive recognition and rewards.
For each new professional or executive member that you refer for the 2014-2015 membership-year (from 1 Sept. 2014 through 31 Dec. 2015), you will be entered into a monthly drawing for a free one-year membership renewal.
Your name will appear on our Top Recruiters list on smpte.org and in the SMPTE Monthly eNewsletter. There will be a grand prize drawing for a free registration to the SMPTE 2016 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition in October, or another SMPTE-run event in 2016 - our Centennial Year - will take place when the program concludes in January 2016.
Grow with SMPTE!
Experience growth as your Section and Society-wide, as more members participate in events both in-person and online. As the Society grows, so does your network of contacts.
How to Participate
Begin by encouraging your colleagues to become a SMPTE member by telling them about the benefits of membership and give them examples of how your membership has helped you in your career. Download our program brochure here.
When your colleague is interested in joining, send them to the http://www.smpte.org/join to apply online. Be sure to let your referral know to enter your name down on the application when asked “Tell us who referred you to SMPTE” and type the code MGAM for the reference code. Share the names of those you have invited to join with us (email@example.com), and we will ensure that you are listed as the recruiter if they join.
You can also invite others to join by sending them an email through smpte.org, which will include a listing of the benefits and instructions on how to join. Click here for a sample email.
- Only members in good standing can participate in this program.
- The program is not valid for renewals, Associate or student membership applications.
- There is no limit to the number of drawing entries that can be earned.
- To receive credit for a referral, the individual applying for membership must provide the name of the referrer/recruiter on their application; if SMPTE is unable to identify the referrer, no credit will be received.
- The program is valid for paid memberships through December 31, 2015; the individual applying for membership must be fully paid before that date.
- Prizes will be awarded monthly, except for the Grand prize which will be awarded in January 2016.
Program rules and rewards are subject to change at any time.
For more information or to request membership brochures and applications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org