Understanding SMPTE ST 2110 - Self Study
- Understand areas of application for both SMPTE ST 2110 and ST 2022
- Learn about video encapsulation and how to use SMPTE ST 2110-20 to calculate key specs for RTP packets and groups (pixel group size)
- Gain deeper knowledge of audio over IP, and particularly how SMPTE ST 2110-30 guides specifications and use of AES67 and other audio types
- Become familiar with the ways that SMPTE ST 2110-40 governs ancillary data identification and packaging
- Build a greater understanding of both identification and synchronization as specified in various SMPTE ST 2110 standards
- Learn about traffic shaping and packet delivery timing, especially as indicated by SMPTE ST 2110-21
Internet Protocol (IP) is here!
With the publication of SMPTE ST 2110 standards, it has become more critical than ever that you understand how IP can be implemented in your professional media creation facility to ensure interoperability between all ST 2110-compliant equipment. If you’re an engineer or technologist working in the media and entertainment industry, this SMPTE Virtual Classroom course will give you both the knowledge and skills you need to help your facility take full advantage of ST 2110 and media over IP.
- Module 1 - Background and System Overview
- Module 2 - Video Encapsulation
- Module 3 - Audio Encapsulation
- Module 4 - Data Encapsulation
- Module 5 - Synchronization and Identification
- Module 6 - Traffic Shaping and Delivery Timing
Intended for engineers and technologists who need to understand the SMPTE ST 2110 suite of standards in greater depth, this SMPTE Virtual Classroom course will delve into the most critical elements of ST 2110-10/20/30/40. Instructor Wes Simpson will cover elements of these standards including video, audio, and data encapsulation; identification and synchronization; and traffic shaping
Groups of 3 – 5 participants may register together for a 10% discount.
Groups of 6 - 11 participants may register together for a 15% discount.
Groups of 12 or more participants may register together for a 20% discount.
Any of SMPTE's Virtual Classroom courses are available as private sessions for organizations. Contact us for details about private course options and with any curriculum questions.
If you register, but cannot attend and would like your registration fee applied to a future course, please contact us. A $75 transfer fee will apply.
If you cannot meet your course deadline, you can request an extension. A $100 extension fee will apply. Please contact us to ask for an extension.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least three weeks prior to the course start date, less a 10% ($100 for CCNA courses) cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after that time.
SMPTE Education Team contact: email@example.com