What you'll learn:
- Get the latest insights about IMF from the experts who helped to develop the format
- Gain a better understanding of media versioning, packaging, and delivery
- Find out how IMF applications can help optimize your company’s content interchange workflows
- Learn how to build an IMF delivery application tailored to your specific content interchange requirements
- Work toward mastery of IMF that you can leverage to improve how your organization works now and to further your career in the future.
What you'll get:
- Personal attention and access to your instructors via the online discussion forum
- 1h-long weekly live, online, interactive instructor-led coaching sessions
- Recorded instructor coaching sessions for on-demand playback and review
- Two attempts at each quiz and final exam
- SMPTE Certificate of Achievement (Participants must meet minimum course requirements (a 70% cumulative score for all quizzes, exams, and assignments) to receive the certificate)
- Continued access to course materials through SMPTE’s Virtual Classroom Alumni Center when you opt in
Our virtual classes are now available at 50% off. Please register for a course using the SMPTE50 discount code.
Member fees: $599 ($99 for Imaging Systems Fundamentals course).
Non-Member fees: $749 ($149 for Imaging Systems Fundamentals course).
The Interoperable Master Format (IMF) solves many of the problems of content versioning, potentially saving time, money, and resources. However, this relatively new mastering and delivery format has its complexities! SMPTE’s virtual course titled “IMF Essentials: What You Need to Know” helps you better understand this vital new format so you can help your organization take advantage of its significant benefits. With this knowledge, you can help yourself and your organization improve content interchange and optimize IMF applications and workflows.
- Module 1 - What problem does IMF solve?
- Module 2 - IMF Composition
- Module 3 - IMF Track Files, IMP and Delivery
- Module 4 - Working with IMF
Developed and facilitated by Bruce Devlin, SMPTE Standards vice president, and Pierre-Anthony Lemieux, chair of the SMPTE technology committee for media packaging and interchange (TC 35PM) and lead editor of the standard, the course will examine the challenges IMF standards help to overcome and how the standards work, how they are used, and how they improve content interchange.
Devlin and Lemieux will guide you through the details of the IMF family of standards, moving from the high-level requirements to the low-level details in a structured, easy-to-understand way. As they progress through course modules, you will learn how to build a delivery specification based on an existing IMF application specification and how the many layers of IMF contribute to optimized IMF applications and workflow. In addition, you will have the opportunity to ask specific application-related questions and receive expert answers!
Bruce Devlin has 30 years’ experience as an engineer in the media and entertainment technology industry. He has designed antennas, ASICs, software, algorithms, systems, and standards, and he is best known for being @MrMXF, a role in which he provides training courses that clearly explain the benefits of complex technologies. Devlin has delivered projects on MXF, IMF, standards, system infrastructure design, and cloud-based software implementations, among others