Introduction to Networks 2020-05-14
- Advance your career as an IT professional by learning how to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks
- Get hands-on experience with the tools and technologies essential to internetworking, routing, and switching
- Learn from materials produced by Cisco and presented by expert instructors from SMPTE
- Gain access to assignments and applications specific to Cisco’s training curricula
- Ensure that you’re mastering the skills needed to take the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams
- Access to your instructors via the online discussion forum*
- Limited class size for more personalized attention
- Weekly live, online, interactive instructor-led coaching sessions*
- Recorded instructor coaching sessions for on-demand playback and review
- SMPTE Certificate of Achievement**
- Continued access to course materials through SMPTE’s Virtual Classroom Alumni Center
Led by William Hocker, Introduction to Networks (ITN) covers networking architecture, structure, and functions. The course introduces the principles and structure of IP addressing and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations to provide a foundation for the curriculum.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain network technologies.
- Explain how devices access local and remote network resources.
- Describe router hardware.
- Explain how switching operates in a small to medium-sized business network.
- Design an IP addressing scheme to provide network connectivity for a small to medium-sized business network.
- Configure initial settings on a network device.
- Implement basic network connectivity between devices.
- Configure monitoring tools available for small to medium-sized business networks.
As a Cisco Academy Instructor and faculty member at St. Louis Community College, William Hocker has extensive experience in delivering Cisco education. His field experiences include providing infrastructure support for the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) in New York; serving as a VoIP technician on the State Farm Insurance VoIP project through World Wide Technology; and acting as a senior conversion engineer for Bank of America's (BoA) VoIP project in Missouri and Charlotte, N.C., corporate headquarters. Hocker holds several degrees in computer networking, including a master’s degree from Fort Hays State University, and has completed certifications including the CompTIA A+, Network+, Cisco CCAI, CCNA R&S, and CCNP VOICE.
Any of SMPTE's Virtual Classroom courses are available as private sessions for organizations. Contact us for details about private course options and with any curriculum questions.
If you register, but cannot attend and would like your registration fee applied to a future course, please contact us. A $75 transfer fee will apply.
If you cannot meet your course deadline, you can request an extension. A $100 extension fee will apply. Please contact us to ask for an extension.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least three weeks prior to the course start date, less a 10% ($100 for CCNA courses) cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after that time.
SMPTE Education Team contact: firstname.lastname@example.org