OTT Technical Challenges:
Architecting OTT workflows now rely on factoring constant change into a data-driven solution. Change used to mean embracing the latest technology when a refresh was triggered for traditional deployments. In the current climate, the expectations are much wider and include flexibility to adapt to changing business cases and service commissioning, as well as embracing the latest advancements in cloud provisioning and media streaming. Performance, scaling, and security are key metrics, along with total cost of ownership.
A data-driven approach is a given, but the correct mix of cloud-hosted apps and service provision, while retaining crucial media-specific functionality, is the challenge facing those commissioning OTT services.
This webinar will outline the key solutions and technologies that meet the demanding commercial constraints and flexibility for common OTT workflows.
The following will be covered in the webinar
- Public, private and hybrid cloud hosting
- Workflow automation and metadata handling
- Ingest, remote production and format conversion
- Targeted advertising, stream processing, and redundancy
- Compression, transcoding, packaging, and playout
- Content protection, piracy, and platform security
- Performance, scaling, and future-proofing
An experienced Media, Network and Security professional with 30 years technical and commercial experience. Ian Trow Tech Ltd is a technical consultancy specialising in Video, IP Networks and Security. Ian has previously worked for Harmonic, Thomson, Envivio, Tandberg, Snell and Sony. Understanding the impact of technology on customers and markets is a core strength.
Recent assignments have concerned applying this knowledge in the following areas: -
- IP Network Design and Cyber Security
- Validating Cloud and SaaS based Media functionality
- Virtualization and Micro-services
- Video compression, including AV1 and High Efficiency Video Coding
- 4k / Ultra HD / HDR
- Targeted Advertising
- Video Distribution and Production Techniques, including ST2110
Ian is qualified in Network, Cloud and Security technologies, (Cisco (CCNP & CCDP) / Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) qualified