SMPTE HQ staff put restrictions in place where it is required and possible.
SMPTE HQ staff put restrictions in place where it is required and possible. It was not possible to do that in some cases and SC members are asked to act responsible. We will work to further improve the the SMPTE SKN so that only permitted functions are accessible by users. Below are, among others, some of the rules for the use of the SMPTE SKN:
- Creating teams in the SMPTE SKN is the responsibility of SMPTE HQ staff. SC Members shall not create teams.
- Creating channels in the SMPTE SKN is the responsibility of SMPTE HQ staff. SC Members shall not create channels.
- Do not post to the conversation list under the “Posts” tab in each channel. The ability to do this is locked down and should not be circumvented
- Do not email to the conversation list under the “Posts” tab in each channel.
- Do not use the chat function in Microsoft Teams unless it is a meeting chat. Communication via chat is Microsoft Teams strongly discouraged.
- All standards process (due process) communication needs to be conducted via the SMPTE SKN tool which is Microsoft Outlook
- Use your SMPTE Microsoft 365 account credentials to log into the system if you want to do SMPTE work.
- Creating and setting up ballots and votes is the responsibility of SMPTE HQ staff. This includes FCD ballots and DP Votes.
- Creating new project cards on the planner board in the projects channel of the SC team is the responsibility of the TC chairs of the TC to which the project is assigned.
- Maintaining a proper state of the project cards in the on the planner board in the projects channel of the SC team is the responsibility of the chair of the group the project is assigned to.
- SC members are allowed to access and read project cards for SMPTE projects but only project owners and TC chairs can alter any of the data on the card.
- It is of upmost importance that the roster spreadsheet in each TC is not altered, moved or renamed. Only the spreadsheet data can be updated. New rows, to accommodate new TC members, can be added. Follow the provided instruction.
- Do not add or remove any applications or other data to or from tabs in any of the channels. Removal or addition of applications and other data to tabs requires the approval of SMPTE HQ. Contact SMPTE HQ to discuss your needs and to get approval.
- Generally, as an SMPTE SKN user, act responsibly and do not change any of the provided information if it is not your area of responsibility.