Standards Facilitate Interoperability
SMPTE is an internationally recognized standards development body. As such we abide by the ANSI and ISO due process for initiating, approving, revising and removing standards. For nearly 100 years, SMPTE has been the leader in standards for the motion imaging industry, facilitating interoperability and therefore business.
Published documents include standards, recommended practices and engineering guidelines, all of which integrate to describe a particular process.
Join the process and participate in the development of future standards.
SMPTE Timed Text (ST 2052) documents available at no charge
- General overview of document structure OV 2052-0:2013
- Standard document (Definition of SMPTE-TT) ST 2052-1:2013
- Recommended Practice (Conversion from CEA 608 to SMPTE-TT) RP 2052-10:2013
- Recommended Practice (Conversion from CEA 708 to SMPTE-TT) RP 2052-11:2013
- Technical Report: FCC Internet Caption Technical Requirements for SMPTE Timed Text
- Technical Report: TTML Features for IMF Data Essence
Digital Cinema Test Materials released for digital leader and DPROVE