Policies and Governance
At its Annual General Membership Meeting held on 27 October 2010, the SMPTE membership voted overwhelmingly to approve new Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
Since that time, the Society has developed a set of contemporary manuals that form the basis of the Society’s policies of operation. The Operations Manuals cover Governance, Education, Membership, Standards and Finance/Administration. These Operations Manuals are designed to accurately reflect the Society’s manner of business today and into the future; they must be approved by the Board of Governors.
- Governance, Version 4 (approved 24 October 2014)
- Finance/Administration, Version 2.1 (approved 24 October 2014)
- Education, Version 2 (approved 24 October 2014)
- Membership, Version 3 (approved 24 October 2014)
- Standards, Version 3 (approved 24 October 2014, effective 31 January 2015)