At its Annual General Membership Meeting held on 27 October 2010, the SMPTE membership voted overwhelmingly to approve new Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
Since that time, the Society has developed a set of contemporary manuals that form the basis of the Society’s policies of operation. The Operations Manuals cover Governance, Education, Membership, Standards and Finance/Administration. These Operations Manuals are designed to accurately reflect the Society’s manner of business today and into the future; they must be approved by the Board of Governors.
- Governance, Version 4.4 (approved 19 February 2018)
- Finance/Administration, Version 2.3 (approved 20 February 2017)
- Education, Version 3.2 (approved 19 February 2018)
- Membership, Version 3.3 (approved 19 February 2018)
- Standards, Version 3.1 (4 April 2015)