At its Annual General Membership Meeting held on 27 October 2010, the SMPTE membership voted overwhelmingly to approve new Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
Since that time, the Society has developed a set of contemporary manuals that form the basis of the Society’s policies of operation. The Operations Manuals are Governance OM, Education OM, Membership OM, Standards OM and Finance/Administration OM. These Operations Manuals are designed to accurately reflect the Society’s manner of business today and into the future; they must be approved by the Board of Governors.
- Governance, Version 4.5 (approved 21 October 2018)
- Finance/Administration, Version 2.3 (approved 20 February 2017)
- Education, Version 3.3 (approved 21 October 2018)
- Membership, Version 3.4 (approved 21 October 2018)
- Standards Operations Manual, Version 3.1 (4 April 2015)
The implementation of the Standards Operations Manual is covered by a number of Administrative Guidelines that change more frequently to address Operational concerns. To do work in SMPTE, you need to create a Project for each document created. Finally, SMPTE's visual look is governed by a SMPTE Style Guide.
- AG-01 Technology-Committees - the big list
- AG-02 Engineering Documents - how to format and package them
- AG-03 Normative References - what can a standard reference?
- AG-04 SMPTE ST-RP Document Template - a .docx you can modify
- AG-04 SMPTE EG Document Template - a .docx you can modify
- AG-05 XML Schema - guidance for management, namespaces etc.
- AG-06 New Project Worksheet - fill this in and send it to a chair to start work
- AG-07 Flow Charts - a visual guide to the due process
- AG-08 Patent Statement - complete this if you know of IPR (existing statement list)
- AG-10b Liaisons - Organisations with official liaisons
- AG-12 SMPTE Attendance Policy - agree to this to attend meetings (audio version, video version)
- AG-14 SMPTE Standards Participation Agreement
- AG-15 SMPTE Guest Participation Agreement
- AG-18 Metadata Registers - the process for adding your values to smpte-ra
- AG-20 Overview Documents
- AG-22 Technical Specifications - The procedure, worksheet and fees