Policies and Governance
At its Annual General Membership Meeting held on 27 October 2010, the SMPTE membership voted overwhelmingly to approve new Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
Since that time, the Society has developed a set of contemporary manuals that form the basis of the Society’s policies of operation. The Operations Manuals are Governance OM, Education OM, Membership OM, Standards OM and Finance/Administration OM. These Operations Manuals are designed to accurately reflect the Society’s manner of business today and into the future; they must be approved by the Board of Governors.
- Governance, Version 4.5 (approved 21 October 2018)
- Finance/Administration, Version 2.3 (approved 20 February 2017)
- Education, Version 3.3 (approved 21 October 2018)
- Membership, Version 3.4 (approved 21 October 2018)
- Standards Operations Manual, Version 3.1 (4 April 2015)
Administrative Guidelines (as applied to Standards Operations Manual, Version 3.1):
The implementation of the Standards Operations Manual is covered by a number of Administrative Guidelines that change more frequently to address Operational concerns. To do work in SMPTE, you need to create a Project for each document created. Finally, SMPTE's visual look is governed by a SMPTE Style Guide.
- AG-01 Technology-Committees - the big list
- AG-02 Engineering Documents - how to format and package them
- AG-03 Normative References - what can a standard reference?
- AG-04 SMPTE ST-RP Document Template - a .docx you can modify
- AG-04 SMPTE EG Document Template - a .docx you can modify
- AG-05 XML Schema - guidance for management, namespaces etc.
- AG-06 New Project Worksheet - fill this in and send it to a chair to start work
- AG-07 Flow Charts - a visual guide to the due process
- AG-08 Patent Statement - complete this if you know of IPR (existing statement list)
- AG-10b Liaisons - Organisations with official liaisons
- AG-12 SMPTE Attendance Policy - agree to this to attend meetings (audio version, video version)
- AG-14 SMPTE Standards Participation Agreement
- AG-15 SMPTE Guest Participation Agreement
- AG-18 Metadata Registers - the process for adding your values to smpte-ra
- AG-20 Overview Documents
- AG-22 Technical Specifications - The procedure, worksheet and fees