November 28, 2022 - Register here
Member Price: - $399.00
Non-Member Price: - $599.00
Instructor: William Hocker
This course is the last in our Networking course series, and it describes the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a larger and more complex network. Course participants learn how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality.
Large enterprises depend heavily on the smooth operation of their network infrastructures. Therefore, networking professionals are vital to every organization and those with networking skills can land a great job and set their sights on a rewarding career! This third course in our Networking series describes the architectures and considerations related to designing, securing, operating, and troubleshooting enterprise networks. It covers wide area network (WAN) technologies and quality of service (QoS) mechanisms used for secure remote access along with the introduction of software-defined networking, virtualization, and automation concepts that support the digitalization of networks. Recommended preparation for this course is our Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials course, or possessing equivalent knowledge.
Terms and Conditions click here
What you'll learn:
- Work with routers and switches using OSPF in point-to-point and multi access networks.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Mitigate threats and enhance network security using access control lists and security best practices.
- Understand virtualization, SDN, and how APIs and configuration management tools enable network automation.
What you'll get:
- Personal attention and access to your instructors via the online discussion forum
- 1h-long weekly live, online, interactive instructor-led coaching sessions
- Recorded instructor coaching sessions for on-demand playback and review
- Two attempts at each quiz and final exam
- Cisco Certificate of Achievement (Participants must meet minimum course requirements), and a Networking Academy badge for completing the course
- Continued access to course materials through SMPTE’s Virtual Classroom Alumni Center when you opt in