Course Preview Module FREE for Members Only
Color Managed Workflows- Course Preview | SMPTE- For Members Only
5-week program, live and pre-recorded, with assignments and certificates.
May 23, 2022 - June 26, 2022
October 24, 2022 - December 23, 2022
Spring Sale 20% off Use Code PD2022Spring
- Cinematographers wanting to explore the possibilities of digital cinematography
- DITs wanting to advance their careers beyond data management tasks
- Filmmakers who want to learn all about color
- Colorists wanting to boost their knowledge and learn how to expand their role beyond final color correction
Terms and Conditions click here
A comprehensive study of color management techniques for digital motion picture productions
This course is a comprehensive study of color management techniques for digital motion picture productions. High impact techniques taught in this course have the potential to elevate image quality, accelerate post-production and enable productions to deliver simultaneously to SDR and HDR display devices. Participants will learn how to get the most out of modern digital cameras and take full control over the image quality. We teach how to deploy various color management techniques to a whole spectrum of productions, from documentaries to high-end feature film shows. As a bonus module, we focus on custom color management pipeline design and how to preserve the creative intent in the best and most efficient way. We will learn how to set the right level of expectation from DITs, Dailies Colorist, Supervising Colorist, and Color Scientist and collaborate in a remote work environment.
At the end of this five-week training, participants will have full knowledge and techniques and gain practical experience of controlling their look using digital tools available today.
We recommend it to Cinematographers wanting to explore the possibilities that digital cinematography opens and that go far beyond traditional techniques thought at film schools. DITs wanting to advance their careers beyond data management tasks. Filmmakers who want to learn all about color and the possibilities they have. Colorists wanting to advance their knowledge and learn how to expand their role beyond final color correction and get involved in the process of look creation early.
By completing this course, participants will:
- Get a thorough understanding of the digital image processing path from the film set to final delivery.
- Get to know the process of Color Management that greatly improves, accelerates, and automates digital image post-processing.
- Gain theoretical and practical knowledge of color management in film and tv productions, focusing on standard, advanced, and ACES color management models.
- Learn how to design color management pipelines based on multi-format, SDR/HDR, delivery requirements
- Learn how to collaborate remotely while preserving image consistency and creative intent.
- MODULE 1: Digital Cinematography Fundamentals
- MODULE 2: Color Managed Workflow
- MODULE 3: Advanced Color Managed Workflow
- MODULE 4: ACES Color Managed Workflow
- MODULE 5: Designing Color Managed pipelines