We are pleased to announce a new “Friends of SMPTE-NY” initiative designed to make the Section financially self-sustaining and more effective in delivering benefits to members.
Click HERE to become a "Friend of SMPTE-NY"
**Commencing immediately, individuals, end-users, broadcasters, integrators, and manufacturer organizations may become "Friends of SMPTE-NY.
- Logo projected on-screen during social hour prior to our meetings and on displays at Holiday Party
- Logo on section website
- Logo in opening credit roll of monthly meeting video recordings
- Authorized use of “Friend of SMPTE NY” Logo for use on your own promotional materials and web site, etc.
- Cover refreshments for our monthly meetings
- Increase our student and partner organization outreach
- Support the hosting of special events
- Support recording and streaming our monthly meetings
- Subsidize our annual Holiday Party
Perhaps most importantly, the Section will no longer have to solicit sponsors for each and every meeting. This will allow us to conduct a greater number of unsponsored “tutorial” style meetings and unburden meeting producers from fund-raising.
Note: your “Friends of SMPTE NY” sponsorship renews on your anniversary date, so there’s no reason to wait until the next Holiday Party in order to start receiving the benefits of sponsorship!
Since not all of our prospective Friends have the same size or financial ability, we are offering two tiers:
|Tier||Business Size||Annual Cost||Discounted Party Tickets||Party Ticket Discount||Ticket Price|
|Platinum||>25 Employees||$495||Max 4||50%||$75.00|
|Gold||<25 Employees||$245||Max 2||50%||$75.00|
Holiday Party Benefits / Terms
- The full Friends ticket price is $150 (discounts are applied to this charge)
- Friend’s tickets will go on sale in Early October 2018.
- Holiday Party tickets are first-come, first-served
- Maximum number of discounted tickets quantities apply as per chart above
- Friend status does not guarantee unlimited Holiday Party ticket availability
- SMPTE Professional Members tickets are free-of-charge
- Student members can participate as volunteers during the party and should contact Bruce Follmer. (Students under age 21 cannot consume alcohol and must wear identifying wristbands.)
NOTE: Manufacturers, reps. dealers, sales people, system integrators and others in similar “selling” categories in the industry must sponsor in order to attend the Holiday Party. These categories cannot attend free as SMPTE Members.
We’ve put a great deal of thought and planning into this initiative and feel it will benefit everyone involved at a small cost easily absorbed in a typical expense account.
Thanks for your continued support of SMPTE NY.
Secretary/Treasurer, New York Section
Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers®